wemi message

Subject: WEMI 2013 / 10 / 02 Meeting minutes & Next workshop invitation

Hello all,

Here are some quick meeting minutes from our last status meeting.

Topics :
- Presentation & discussion of the current use case document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kmqA6NGs4lZd8EKwDE34B2FP_unNGMM-8LD6IJGiAYE/edit?usp=sharing
This document details a use case that served as the basis for the new context orientation of the specification.

Davina's feedback was that we need to have a more high level description of the objective to make sure that we don't directly go into implementation details.

Thomas presented the notion of the context server, which was really important to make it easy to centralize aggregated content information and retrieve it quickly when it is requested. The context server could be in charge of storing context, retrieving it and even querying. It could also deal with privacy requests for example to be able to let visitors control the context information that is stored. The context server could exchange it's data with any other WEMI compliant system.

As you can see from the current discussions, WEMI is aiming at addressing the interoperability of contextual information since it currently is stored in many different types of silos, and therefore the integration of such information is currently very specific and time-consuming. Our work will be aimed at making it easy to expose, aggregate, populate and store this contextual data to build powerful personalized experiences.

Action items :
- Davina proposed to work on the document to give a more high-level statement of the objectives about what we are trying to achieve
- Serge will setup the next meeting and send out the meeting minutes
- Thomas will be looking at context brokers

Workshop invitation :
- We will be meeting on October 17th, 15:00 CEST for a maximum 2 hours workshop to advance on the document and discuss possible next steps. I'll send out an official OASIS calendar event. We would prefer to do this meeting over Skype. In order to do so we will need Skype identifiers to call everyone interested. Please send the Skype identifier to me at shuber@jahia.com .

Best regards,
  Serge Huber.

- -- --- -----=[ shuber at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
CTO & Co-founder - Jahia Solutions Group, 9 Routes de Jeunes, 1227 Acacias, Switzerland

Jahia’s next-generation, open source CMS stems from a widely acknowledged vision
of enterprise application convergence – web, search, document, social and portal –
unified by the simplicity of web content management.

http://www.jahia.com