wemi message

Subject: Bye bye WEMI ? Hello Context Server !

Hello all,

Following up on the update we sent previously in the mailing list, Thomas and I have come to the conclusion that the on-going work on a context server has sufficiently diverged from the initial WEMI TC charter.

We were initially looking at renaming the WEMI TC to address the change in direction. However, because of the TC process it is not possible to simply rename the charter, and it is also quite complex and possibly confusing to “modify” the charter, so we decided to propose a new TC. We also think that this would avoid any confusion between the names, and also a great opportunity to revive engagement for the work in progress.

You may find a Charter draft here :
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DYrZEkWzGM8o9zuKD07zSYcQDERotMz75UPzsYZvo4Y/edit?usp=sharing

We are hereby inviting all members of WEMI to join us as proposers in launching this TC - as this may be one of the most relevant and commercially interesting new standards in years!

Please post any comments or questions directly in this mailing list, as for IP reasons we cannot let everyone comment on the document directly.

Of course feel free to reach out to Thomas or me directly, we will do our best to help.

Best regards,
 The WEMI TC Co-chairs, Serge & Thomas.