Subject: workprocess - antitrust

nothing serious; some text should migrate.

| [This is the file atrust.100]

all okay by me so far.

|    4. The development, approval, or recognition of any
|    specifications by OASIS or its technical committees shall be
|    based upon relevant technical and business considerations and
|    shall in no way be based upon any intention to reduce or
|    eliminate competition in the sale, supply, and furnishing of
|    products and services.

Fine; note "relevant technical and business considerations",
which might lead OASIS to oppose the dissemination of evil stuff.

|    6. Neither OASIS nor any OASIS technical committee shall
|    impose sanctions for the violation of, nor shall they enforce
|    compliance with, standards or specifications developed,
|    recognized, or approved by OASIS, except that OASIS may
|    condition use of its trademarks on compliance with standards
|    developed to regulate the use of and to protect such mark.

the last two lines don't scan for me.

|    7. While participation in OASIS and its technical committees
|    is limited to OASIS members, the substantive business of OASIS
|    and its technical committees shall be conducted in public
|    view.  In particular:
|
|       (a) All electronic mailing lists of OASIS technical
|       committees shall be freely available on the Internet.
|
|       (b) Every formal decision taken by an OASIS technical
|       committee shall be reported on the Internet within a
|       reasonable period of time.
|
|       (c) Any document or working draft of a specification under
|       development by an OASIS technical committee that is visible
|       to the members of that technical committee shall at the
|       same time be visible to the public.

I think that's slightly too strong.  I would want to be able to
keep early drafts in committee so as not to get the public concerned
at too early a date.  That allows you to start out with something
sketchy and make rapid progress to a point where the document is
presentable.

|       (d) The membership of any editorial team or task force
|       appointed by a technical committee shall be made public
|       upon its formation, and the products of such editorial team
|       or task force shall be made public when reported back to
|       the technical committee that created it.

This wording suggests that drafts being worked on by an editorial
team or task force don't have to be visible to the committee;
somehow this needs to be harmonized with (c).

|    8. All OASIS technical committees shall observe the formal
|    procedures regarding notifications, meetings, decisions, and
|    minutes set forth in [[the OASIS process document for the
|    creation of technical specifications]].

Why does this need to be said here?

|    9. Each participant in an OASIS technical committee shall be
|    supplied with a copy of these guidelines and shall agree to
|    abide by them.

This should be in the main process document.

regards, Terry