Subject: RE: Negative Votes (Re: workprocess - default process comments)

I also agree; justifications of negative votes are very useful and should
be strongly encouraged, but we can't require them in any sensible fashion.

-- David Singer, STSM and Program Director, Web Technology
   Member, IBM Academy of Technology
   IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, California
   +1 408 927 2509 (t/l 457-2509); fax: +1 408 927 4073 (no t/l)

From: "Alex Milowski" <amilowski@lexica.net>
Date: 11/09/99 11:51:08 AM (11/09/99 07:51:08 PM GMT)
Please respond to amilowski@lexica.net
To:     workprocess@lists.oasis-open.org
cc:

Subject:        RE: Negative Votes (Re: workprocess - default process
comments)

> But there is no contribution to process made by refuting the objection
> (even assuming the group can agree that it has been refuted), unless
> you intend to void the negative vote.
>
> So *allow* justification, don't *require* it.

I completely agree with Terry.

Justifications, when sufficiently explained, can be very useful to the
process but you just can't require them.

I would repeat all that Terry said, but he said it so well!  ;-)

R. Alexander Milowski                             (415) 477-3608
XML Architect                               amilowski@lexica.net
Lexica, LLC    222 Kearny St, Suite 410, San Francisco, CA 94108