Subject: Re: workprocess - changes comments

| I understand the distinction, and as I say, voting outside of
| committees is off-topic here, but we sure need to get it nailed down.
| I never paid attention to governance issues before, figuring that
| everything was in order and our contact person saw information I
| wasn't seeing, but I'm discovering I was wrong.

Don't take my ignorance about what's been happening for the last six
years as indicative of anything but lack of interest.  It's more than
possible that, in fact, everything is in order but so far hasn't been
asked for.

I'll emphasize (as I have more extensively in private mail) that the
board is not obliged under the bylaws to make its proceedings public.
This turns out to be another Robertsian concept, and therefore
probably the norm for boards of directors in American corporations:

   Any member has a right to examine the minutes of the society
   at a reasonable time and place, but this privilege must not be
   abused to the annoyance of the secretary.  The same principle
   applies to the minutes of boards and committees, their records
   being accessible to the members of the boards or committees
   but no others.  (9th ed. p. 451)

Jon