Subject: Re: Initializing the PAC

Jon wrote:
>I propose to send the following message to this list on Wednesday
24 November with replies due no later than Friday 26 November.
(Yes, I know that 25 November is Thanksgiving in the U.S., but
you're being given notice now.  If you are in general agreement
with the direction this is taking, you can respond now by filing
the statement below together with a statement that you are
agreeing in advance to minor changes in language that might be
made in response to input received regarding this version.)

I so state.

Could we have the board's statement that it has authorized
this committee?  ("chartered" implies a charter document)

PROPOSED MESSAGE TO BE SENT TO THIS LIST 24 NOVEMBER 1999

   Members of this list interested in participating in an OASIS
   Process Advisory Committee are hereby requested to respond to
   this list no later than 26 November 1999 with the following
   statement:

      I understand that OASIS committees meet in person an
      average of four times per year as determined by the
      committee or by the OASIS Board of Directors at locations
      that may be anywhere in the world and that participation in
      an OASIS committee will require me to attend most of its
      meetings.  I certify that I have the means and the interest
      to attend such meetings and that I intend to do so.

      I understand that the committee cannot transact business in
      the absence of a quorum or take action by mail ballot
      without the active participation of its members and that
      therefore failure to attend meetings and vote in mail
      ballots will result in my removal from the committee.  I
      promise to submit a letter of resignation to the chair or
      chairs of the committee if in the future I find myself
      unable to participate actively in its work.

      I understand that the OASIS Board of Directors has
      chartered an OASIS Process Advisory Committee to develop
      more detailed guidelines for OASIS committee participation;
      that the board intends to place amendments to the OASIS
      Bylaws before the voting membership for their approval
      before the date on which this committee is expected to
      complete its work; and that upon approval of such
      amendments, the committee will proceed under more detailed
      criteria for membership and participation.  I agree to
      submit a letter of resignation to the chair or chairs of
      the committee if I find that I cannot participate under the
      new criteria.

Terry Allen,
Commerce One