Subject: Simplify, simplify, simplify...

I was unable to sign up as a voting member of the PAC due to conflicts
between the meetings and my travel schedule, but I hope I can continue to
comment on the list.  In that light, let me suggest that we may want to
look at doing to Robert's what XML did to SGML -- that is, take the 20% of
the complexity which provides 80% of the benefit.  I worry that we are
heading in a direction which will either require a full-time
parlimentarian for every working group or which would allow the technical
discussions to be overshadowed by parlimentary manuevers.  If, as I
believe to be the case, most working groups will do their work primarily
by e-mail and phone, with face-to-face meetings being a relatively rare
event (useful, but rare!), we need to have a ruleset in place which takes
advantage of the medium.

-- David Singer