Subject: Minutes of PAC meeting 2000.05.25

Minutes of the OASIS PAC meeting 2000.05.25

Present: Jon Bosak, Tommie Usdin, Debbie Lapeyre, Lauren Wood,
Terry Allen, Ken Holman

Minutes of the meeting 2000.05.24 were accepted as read.

CS 6 was discussed; the chair was directed to revise language in
certain places.

MT 10 was discussed; the chair was directed to prepare language
based on the discussion.

(It should be noted that there is no semantic distinction between
"MI" and "MT" in the issues list; the appearance of both is
apparently the result of a typo made some time ago and carried
forward by mistake.  I'm keeping this meaningless distinction
because it would be even more confusing to change it at this
point.)

The chair was authorized to move revised language for CS 6 and MT
10 via email and to conduct an email ballot on such language.

We note that given the dependence of its procedures on Robert's,
OASIS should provide training for committee chairs in its proper
use.

Formal decisions:

   CS 6

      Replace language such as "an administrative contact
      appointed by OASIS" with just "OASIS" wherever that makes
      sense in what we have already adopted.

   MT 8

      We shall not provide for co-chairs in the bylaws.

   MT 9

      The contact information required for the persons starting an
      OASIS TC shall consist of their names, email addresses, and
      OASIS member affiliations.

   MT 11

      No longer relevant.

   MT 12

      Process not needed.

   MT 13

      Process not needed.

   MT 14

      No longer relevant.

   MT 15

      TC Chairs

	 A TC chair may be removed by a vote of 2/3 of all the
	 members of the TC.

	 Vacancies in chairing a TC shall be filled by election
	 from the membership of the TC.

	 The same provisions regarding leaves of absence shall
	 apply to the chair of a TC as to the other members of a
	 TC, except the chair must notify both OASIS and the TC at
	 least 30 days prior to any non-emergency leave of
	 absence.

   MT 16

      Minutes of TC meetings shall be published to the TC mailing
      list.

   MT 17

      Collective action item for the PAC: Ponder Robert's on the
      difference between "meeting" and "session" so that we get
      this right in the bylaw amendments.

   MT 18

      Process not needed.

   MT 19

      Either this is not necessary, or it goes beyond the present
      scope of our work.

   MT 20

      Remove "for administrative reasons" from the language
      previously adopted for CS 5.

Our next meeting will be in Paris 2000.06.16.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS Process Advisory Committee