Subject: Re: PAC: MT 10 (voting by mail)

| The PAC has directed me to attempt a solution to this.  Here's my
| first try.  Comments?

| Voting by mail
|
| A TC may resolve during a meeting to authorize its chair to
| conduct the vote on a particular question by mail or, by adopting
| a standing rule, to conduct specific kinds of routine business by
| mail.
|
| A TC may resolve during a meeting to authorize its chair to word a
| resolution regarding a particular issue or set of issues, to put
| such resolution to the members of the TC by mail, and to conduct
| the vote on that resolution by mail.

I think those resolve to the same thing (unless the lanugage of
the question has been fully worded in the meeting).  The description
of "the issue" or "specific kinds of routine business" is the nub.
You could break it out into 3:  fully worded, routine business
(with description), and particular issue (with description, the
chair to word).

| The period allowed for voting by mail shall be five days, unless
| the TC specifies a different voting period in the resolution
| authorizing the vote or in standing rules governing mail ballots.

"mail" should be "e-mail" passim.

The voting period should not be shorter than 5 days, or whatever
span is chosen.

regards, Terry