Subject: Re: PAC: MT 10 (voting by mail)

[gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com:]

| >A TC may resolve during a meeting to authorize its chair to word a
| >resolution regarding a particular issue or set of issues, to put
| >such resolution to the members of the TC by mail, and to conduct
| >the vote on that resolution by mail.
|
| Need we emphasize "Such questions, motions or resolutions being
| voted on are not subject to amendment." to be clear we aren't just
| covering one aspect of the mechanics set forth in Roberts?

I actually said this is one of my drafts, but then decided it was
even more confusing to call out one out of the unlimited number of
things that are not licensed under Robert's.  I would be
interested to know what others think about this.

| >The period allowed for voting by mail shall be five days, unless
| >the TC specifies a different voting period in the resolution
| >authorizing the vote or in standing rules governing mail ballots.
|
| Need we talk about "business days" in case it goes over a long
| weekend?

Yes, I think so.  We keep running into this concept over and over
again.  I got all tangled up in business days before, but here's a
definition that might work:

      Business day -- excludes weekends and such holidays as may
      be designated by the board of directors.

Jon