Subject: Re: PAC: MT 10 (voting by mail)

[tallen@sonic.net:]

| This is in relation to holidays and weekends.  How about "seven
| calendar days"?

That still doesn't solve the general problem.

There is a reason that we have the concept of "business day" in
English, and so far nothing beyond the three alternatives I've
already suggested captures that.  Here are the alternatives
proposed so far that address the issue:

1. Every year, have the board determine the holiday schedule for
   all OASIS TCs.  Advantage: uniformity of planning across
   different activities.

2. Every year, have each TC determine its holiday schedule for the
   year and adopt it as a standing rule.  (Remember that standing
   rules require a 2/3 majority for adoption.)  Advantage: the TC
   takes into account the observances of its individual members.

3. As in #1, but allow TCs to override the holiday schedule set by
   the board.  Advantage: maybe the best of both.

Please either choose one of these solutions to the problem or
propose an alternative that actually solves this problem rather
than solving some other problem.

Jon