Subject: Re: New/Old Issue:15 days

[dalapeyre@mulberrytech.com:]

| Am re-reading current/proposed drafts prior to
| meeting tomorrow.  All seems much as I remember,
| in intent if not in wording, except the following;
|
| First Meeting of a TC
|
|    The first meeting of a TC shall occur no less than 30 days
|    after the announcement in the case of a telephone meeting and
|    no less than 45 days after the announcement in the case of a
|    face-to-face meeting.  Persons intending to participate in the
|    first meeting must register to attend
|           ******no later than 15 days******
|    prior to the event by notifying the person named as chair of
|    the new TC of their intention to attend the meeting
|
| Was I asleep or out of the room?  I do not remember 15 days.
| Why so short?  Some notice is necessary, so you can get a big enuff
| room... but that much?  If I had noticed it, I would not have agreed.

The text that we voted to approve (see various messages under the
heading "CM 1-8") reads as follows:

   The first meeting of a TC shall occur no sooner than four weeks
   after the announcement in the case of a telephone meeting and
   no sooner than six weeks after the announcement in the case of
   a face-to-face meeting.  Persons intending to participate in
   the first meeting must register to attend no later than two
   weeks prior to the event by notifying the person named as chair
   of the new TC of their intention to attend the meeting.  Every
   OASIS member and every employee of an OASIS member organization
   present at the first meeting of a TC is initially a voting
   member of the TC.

So the change I made actually added a day to what we decided ("two
weeks" became "15 days" in a grand editorial simplification to use
a single metric for all time intervals).

The problem with making the notification period longer than 15
days is that it would give people less than 15 days to decide to
attend the meeting in the first place.

Jon