Subject: RE: TC visibility section question

We've got three classes of people: TC members who can post and receive;
OASIS members who are not TC members, who can receive but not post; and
non-OASIS members who can only view archives and post comments. To serve
these three classes we have only two lists, discussion and comment.

While it is technically possible to accomodate the first two sets of people
with the single discussion list (I have to designate which subscribers are
allowed to post), this requires additional handwork to maintain.

The alternative, I guess, is to have three lists for each TC, which may not
be much better. Another alternative is to eliminate the second class of
people, OASIS members who are not TC members. They could just read the
archives like everyone else.

Regardless, the non-OASIS members need to be kicked off the lists.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
978.667.5115 x206