Subject: Questions about the process rules

Hi folks-- I've recently gotten on this list because I anticipate possibly
being a TC chair very soon, and I want to be as prepared as possible.  I
hope you can entertain a few questions now and again.  Here's my first batch:

- If a PEOTCP can only attend part of a single meeting, how does that count
towards their good standing?  Is the initial meeting a special case?  E.g.,
they attend the first hour of a two-hour telecon that serves as the initial
meeting of a TC, are they a voting member?

- The bylaws don't specify a particular revision of Robert's Rules.  Is
there a favored one?  I'm studying both the Constitution Society's version
(http://www.constitution.org) and Darwin Patnode's 1989 revision of the
1876 original, and so far I prefer the former.  If I get installed as
chair, I'd like to be able to point to a particular revision up front to
forestall arguments.

Thanks!

	Eve
--
Eve Maler                                          +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    eve.maler @ east.sun.com