Subject: Adding "related work" as a proposal requirement

Could someone add the following to the issues list
for review, whenever we host discussion on bug fixes
and enhancements to the OASIS TC Policy?  I understand
that Karl and Jon (at least) have some relevant notes.

                   ------------

The Java Commmunity Process and NISO both feature
a notion of reporting on "related work" in their
draft work products.  This seems like a very good idea,
and perhaps should be added (as normative) to the
OASIS TC formation requirements and perhaps even to
the discussion proposal.  At a minimum, the list of
"related work" projects could improve the quality of
OASIS TC work if the people proposing the new TC were
genuinely unaware of similar activity in another
arena.

I noted in the recent XACML TC "Call for Participation"
(situated between the item "List of deliverables" and
the item "Language in which the TC will conduct business")
a paragraph labeled "Related Work: "  -- that's the kind
of item I'm proposing be made normative.

Robin Cover