ws-brsp-comment message

Subject: RE: [ws-brsp-comment] question on WS-I profile versions

Ken:
Sorry for late response:
The core technical content (profile definitions) of these OASIS profile specifications is same as for former WS-I related profiles.
The difference is peripheral: a clearer, more precise conformance clause (as required by OASIS). Also more explicit introduction (in appendix) to test assertions, themselves extracted as non-normative content in a separate file.
Since WS-I does not exist anymore, any possibility to progress these profiles further to international standards requires them to first be reformatted as OASIS specifications.
Note these OASIS profiles are currently in public review, until end October.
Thanks,
-jacques

-----Original Message-----
From: ws-brsp-comment@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:ws-brsp-comment@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Ken Laskey
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 5:20 PM
To: ws-brsp-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

If I recall, the versions currently being reviewed seem to correspond to the last versions created by WS-I before they folded into OASIS.  What do these drafts provide beyond what came from WS-I?

Ken
Dr. Kenneth Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305             phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                             fax: 703-983-1379
McLean VA 22102-7508

--

This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the

OASIS Web Services Basic Reliable and Secure Profiles (WS-BRSP) TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and

to minimize spam in the list archive, subscription is required

before posting.

Subscribe: ws-brsp-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org