ws-brsp-comment message

Subject: Basic Security Profile Version 1.1 Committee Specification 01 published

OASIS Members,

OASIS is pleased to announce the approval and publication of a new Committee Specification by the members of the OASIS Web Services Basic Reliable and Secure Profiles (WS-BRSP) TC:

Basic Security Profile Version 1.1
Committee Specification 01

Overview:

The Basic Security Profile is an extension profile to the Basic Profile (either v1.1 or v1.0), consisting of a set of clarifications, refinements, interpretations and amplifications to a combination of non-proprietary Web services specifications in order to promote interoperability. It is designed to support the addition of security functionality to SOAP messaging.

Description of the TC:

The OASIS WS-BRSP TC maintains WS-I (Web Services Interoperability) Basic Profiles (1.2 and 2.0), Basic Security Profile (1.0), Reliable Secure Profile (1.0), and ISO/IEC JTC 1 Profile Specifications (ISO/IEC 29361:2008 standard Information technology - Web Services Interoperability - WS-I Basic Profile Version 1.1, ISO/IEC 29362:2008 standard Information technology - Web Services Interoperability - WS-I Attachments Profile Version 1.0, ISO/IEC 29363:2008 document Information technology - Web Services Interoperability - WS-I Simple SOAP Binding Profile Version 1.0).

URIs:
The prose specifications and related files are available here:

Editable source  (Authoritative):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-brsp/BasicSecurityProfile/v1.1/cs01/BasicSecurityProfile-v1.1-cs01.doc

HTML:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-brsp/BasicSecurityProfile/v1.1/cs01/BasicSecurityProfile-v1.1-cs01.html

PDF:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-brsp/BasicSecurityProfile/v1.1/cs01/BasicSecurityProfile-v1.1-cs01.pdf

For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the prose specification and related files in a ZIP distribution file. You can download the ZIP file here:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-brsp/BasicSecurityProfile/v1.1/cs01/BasicSecurityProfile-v1.1-cs01.zip

Members of the OASIS Web Services Basic Reliable and Secure Profiles (WS-BRSP) TC [1] approved this specification by Special Majority Vote. The specification had been released for public review as required by the TC Process [2]. The vote to approve as a Committee Specification passed [3], and the document is now available online in the OASIS Library as referenced above.

Our congratulations to the TC on achieving this milestone and our thanks to the reviewers who provided feedback on the specification drafts to help improve the quality of the work.

========== Additional references:

[1] OASIS Web Services Basic Reliable and Secure Profiles (WS-BRSP) TC
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ws-brsp/

[2] Public reviews:

* 15-day public review, 30 August 2014:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201408/msg00015.html
  - Comment resolution log: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-brsp/BasicSecurityProfile/v1.1/csprd02/BasicSecurityProfile-v1.1-csprd02-comment-resolution.xlsx

* 30-day public review, 30 September 2013:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201309/msg00015.html
  - Comment resolution log: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-brsp/BasicProfile/v1.2/csprd01/BasicProfile-v1.2-csprd01-comment-resolution-log.ods or http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-brsp/BasicProfile/v1.2/csprd01/BasicProfile-v1.2-csprd01-comment-resolution-log.xlsx

[3] Approval ballot:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=2685

--

/chet   [§]