ws-brsp message

Subject: Proposed resolution for: Fw: Multiple inline schema's with the same targetNamespace doesn't work properly

After a bit of investigation on the code of previous tools, here would be a proposed response to Gerwin, to be approved by TC:

1)      Are multiple inline XSD Schema's with the same targetNamespace allowed? Are there any references available?

WS-BRSP: yes according to WSDL1.0 specification. The profiles do not restrict this at all.

2) Can you confirm that the problem reported above is a bug in the Analyzer? If this is true, we can still claim to be Basic Profile compliant.

WS-BRSP: yes, a bug: the current Analyzer should not fault that – it goes beyond what the test assertions require. When validating against one of these schema types, it appears that only the first type that matches the namespace is considered in the current code. Because of this, it is advised to redo the tests after successively permuting circularly all these same-namespace types, to make sure that the failure disappears when the type is at a place where the Analyzer can catch it.

3) If this is a bug, can it be fixed?
WS-BRSP: yes – but we can’t commit to a fixing date yet, as we are in transition regarding the management of source code and builds. At the next meeting early November latest, we should be able to commit to a date. We may need to rely on the collaboration of the user in order to verify the fix. We can also provide guidance as exactly what change needs be done if/when the source code becomes available to end-users.

Let me know if any comment / modification needs be done on this.

Thanks

-jacques