OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ws-brsp message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Raw Chat Log from Jan 31 BSRP meeting

This email is the raw chat log for the Jan 31 OASIS BSRP TC meeting.

The chair can use this to formulate the official minutes of the TC meeting.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): agenda https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-brsp/event.php?event_id=34772

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): 1. Administrative
    - Minutes previous meeting (Nov 15)


    - Next meeting(s) schedule (note: new conflicts for some prevent moving to Thu 11amPT).

2. Specification maintenance and progression

    - Review the initial drafts of four profiles (BP12, BP20, RSP) after initial conversion to the new OASIS templates (drafts to be posted a week before meeting). Discussion on editorial remaining details and options.

   - Test assertions as a separate companion doc: pure XML file or with introductory document? (or introduction in profile spec appendix?)


3. Distribution and management of source code (long term)

    - Follow-up on donation from tools authoring companies (MSFT, IBM, Fujitsu) see: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-brsp/email/archives/201211/msg00003.html

  - Follow-up on OASIS repository, what can be done, what effort are we/not ready to put in

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Topic:  Minutes approval

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Minutes previous meeting

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Motion: Tom Rutt/ Dug Davis to approve minutes of previous meeting.  No objection. motion passed

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Topic: Next Meeting Schedule

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Meetings genarlly Once a month, Next meeting Feb 28, 2013.  3:00 PM Eastern Time.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Jacques will check with members, and this 28th meeting could be changed to 21st if his poll of voting members deems otherwise.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Topic: Spec Maintenance and Progression

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Tom and Jacques converted BP 1.2, BP 2.0, and RSP 1.0 into the OASIS word templates.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-brsp/download.php/47975/ReliableSecureProfile-v1.0-wd01-ED01.doc

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-brsp/download.php/47974/BasicProfile-v2.0-wd01-ED01.doc

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-brsp/download.php/47973/BasicProfile-v1.2-wd01-ED01.doc

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): email discussion of changes in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-brsp/email/archives/201301/msg00013.html

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): The appendix for test assertions will be the primary documentation of Test Assertions contents for the profile.  However the Table rendering of each test assertion is no longer included in the Word Document for the profiles.

Alessio Soldano (Red Hat): I'm sorry, as announced before I have to leave now..

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): The separated XML Test assertions need to be moved into separate Test Assertions XML docs for each of the profiles.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): We will need to determine whether we have an XSLT to produce a readable tablular form for these test assertion documents.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): We should have a next set of word docs for all four Profiles, BP 1.2, BP 2.0 , RSP 1.0 and BSP ready for the next teleconf meeting.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): We should also have an initial draft for each of the Three TA XML docs for BP 1.2, BP 2.0 and RSP 1.0 ready for the next Teleconf meeting

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Resolving the integration of Annex A profiles specs into Normative References subclause should be done in this next step

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Action Item: Tom and Jacques will provide a next set of editor's drafts for all 4 profiles, and a first draft of the XML files for Test Assertions.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): to be done by mid February in time for review before the next TC meeting.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Topic: Licensing of Test Code

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Jamie Clark joined the call to explain from OASIS staff perspective

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Jamie: original code was donated by several companies with WS-I usage agreements.  This is a different arrangement than we have with OASIS.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): WS-I required a signed agreement on rights transfer, which died when WS-I went away.  OASIS requires no such signed agreements.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): OASIS could ask the original donators if they would be able to distribute using the OASIS approach.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): If the Companies would donate to this TC under its IPR mode, that would simplify the acceptance.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): the OASIS IPR policy was not crafted to directly deal with software.  However it might be able to fit within the OASIS IPR release approach.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Jacques: we have statements from companies to donate test code to OASIS.  However we have not checked if these statements are sufficient under OASIS policies.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Jamie: the SCA TC already has executable test cases which have been donated.  This has established a precident.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Jamie: If the Members have contributed in a form which can be published by OASIS, then the IPR policy could cover it.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Jacques: we need to investigate License terms for the donationa, whether they are for source, or binary. We can check how SCA did this for their test case code.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Jacques: I will decide on the next meeting before the end of the first week of Feb.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Meeting adjourned at 4:11 PM Eastern time.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]