ws-brsp message

Subject: Minutes Jan 31, and reminder call tomorrow Thu 3/7

All:

Reminder call tomorrow Thu 3/7 noon PT.

See slightly updated agenda below:

Thanks,

-jacques

Updated Agenda for 3/7

1. Administrative: (a) minutes Jan 31 meeting and Nov 15  (to be posted),

(b) open seat on the WS-I SC,

(c) better advertisement of the "feedback process" on our page, (done, to review)

(d) other?

2. Specification drafts: Review the 3 initial drafts (of BP1.2, BP2.0, RSP 1.0). See email https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-brsp/email/archives/201301/msg00013.html , drafts are uploaded on our site.

Please access recent updates from Tom to add References from Appendix A to previous posts.

Also the recent posts from Tom Rutt about Test assertions XML files, BSP11 conversion.

Points to discuss:

-       General editorial and sections reorg.

-       Conformance Clauses (2.4) to be added

3. test tools code management::  see the "outsourcing option" outlined in Jacques'  email 2/21. To be discussed.

(a) the test tools code may be donated by original contributing companies to a 3rd party project/hosting  (e.g. GitHub), independently from OASIS, and licensed accordingly.

(b) BRSP TC is focusing primarily on the specs and their progression,

(c) the TC will make statements about how to test the profiles it produces and "recommend" the appropriate version of the -externally hosted -  test tools.

DRAFT MINUTES

OASIS WS-BRSP TC Meeting

31 January 2013, 12:00pm

Agenda:

=======

1. Administrative
    - Minutes previous meeting (Nov 15)

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-brsp/email/archives/201211/msg00002.html

    - Next meeting(s) schedule (note: new conflicts for some prevent moving to Thu 11amPT).

2. Specification maintenance and progression

    - Review the initial drafts of four profiles (BP12, BP20, RSP) after initial conversion to the new OASIS templates (drafts to be posted a week before meeting). Discussion on editorial remaining details and options.

   - Test assertions as a separate companion doc: pure XML file or with introductory document? (or introduction in profile spec appendix?)

3. Distribution and management of source code (long term)

    - Follow-up on donation from tools authoring companies (MSFT, IBM, Fujitsu…) see: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-brsp/email/archives/201211/msg00003.html

  - Follow-up on OASIS repository, what can be done, what effort are we/not ready to put in…

Attendees:

==========

Jacques Durand

Alessio Soldano

Doug Davis

Tom Rutt

Jamie Clark (OASIS)

Tom Link (obs)

Regrets from:

Gershon Janssen

Ram Jeyaraman

Micah Hainline

Action Items:

=============

-AI1: TomR: to investigate BSP conversion.

-AI2: TomR: to convert Appendix A references to new OASIS Ref section.

-AI3: Jacques: to gather some sample logs generated from previous tests,

and create a repository with approval from generating companies.

-AI4: Jacques to check what the proper way to handle test tool distribution / maintenance

then follow-up with whoever interested in investigating.

Minutes:

========

Now: 6 voting members in TC.

1. Administrative
    - Minutes previous meeting (Nov 15) (did not approve yet)

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-brsp/email/archives/201211/msg00002.html

 o Next meeting(s) schedule: so far we keep that time still the best for most of us.

2. Specification maintenance and progression

    - Review the initial drafts of four profiles (BP12, BP20, RSP) after initial conversion to the new OASIS templates

(drafts to be posted a week before meeting). Discussion on editorial remaining details and options.

o Jacques: drafts now almost complete, with some reorg to match/merge with OASIS templates, especially

regarding: Introduction (section 1), Conformance (section 2) and Appendices.

o Remaining part to discuss: what to put in Conformance Clauses (2.4) for each profile. In particular:

o Conformance Clause for BP: 2 levels of conformance apparently (CORE and HTTP-TRANSPORT)

o Conformance Clause for RSP: 2 profiles of conformance apparently: one RSP+BP12, other RSP+BP20

o other remaining work: move Appendix A refs to new OASIS ref section(s).

o in Appendix C, schema has broken link (used for Conformance claims only)

o BSP11 (and 1.0?)  remaining.

   - Test assertions as a separate companion doc: pure XML file or with introductory document?

(or introduction in profile spec appendix?)

o a separate XML file would be sufficient, qwith optional html rendering (XSLT provided informally)

o Right now, new Appendix D is a full intro of the Test Assertions, should suffice to introduce the adjunct XML TA file.

o However, the list of TAs could be listed in appendix too, in redable tabular format (as opposed to XML).

o BSP11 has no TAs apparently.

3. Distribution and management of source code (long term)

    - Follow-up on donation from tools authoring companies (MSFT, IBM, Fujitsu…)

see: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-brsp/email/archives/201211/msg00003.html

  - Follow-up on OASIS repository, what can be done, what effort are we/not ready to put in…

o Fujitsu/Microsoft/IBM donated the code, but now that is not enough for licensing of code - still TBD.

o Jamie advising us: we cannot remake an "adopter agreement" like in WS-I. Also OASIS does NOT collect software

license rights, has no software policy (yet) as in W3C.

o we can check how SCA in OASIS did handle their source code & binaries - mostly privately by TC members.

o Jacques and others to investigate how to deal with licensing, and also how to handle best the code maintenance

given the low bandwidth of the TC.

4. Other:

o Jacques/Gershon to advertise our "feedback process" on our public Web page.