ws-brsp message

Subject: DRAFT MINUTES - 07 March 2013 - WS-BRSP TC Meeting

DRAFT MINUTESOASIS WS-BRSP TC Meeting07 March 2013, 12:00pm PT----------------------------------------
Scribe: Gershon Janssen
0. Call to Order and roll callJacques Durand calls the meeting to order and welcomes everyone.
* Roll call:Jacques Durand Gershon Janssen Alessio Soldano Doug DavisTom Link (Observer)
4 voting members present; this meeting quorates.
Additional item added to the agenda: Request from Europe on test tooling.
Agenda adopted.

1. Administrative
(a) minutes Jan 31 meeting and Nov 15 * Minutes Nov 15 meetinghttps://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-brsp/201211/msg00002.htmlMinutes approved by unanimous consent.
* Minutes Jan 31 meetinghttps://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-brsp/201303/msg00007.htmlMinutes approved by unanimous consent.
(b) open seat on the WS-I SCThe December 2012 WS-I Member Section Steering Committee election resulted in one seat remaining open. The Steering Committee choose to open a special election to fill this seat. All who are interested are encouraged to submit their nominations to nominations@oasis-open.org by 11 March 2013. See email message: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-brsp/201302/msg00003.html
(c) better advertisement of the "feedback process" on our pageJacques made modifications to the page; it's online for review: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ws-brsp#feedbackThe feedback process changed a little bit as posted on the page.
Gershon moved to approve the change; Micah seconded. Motion passed.

2. Specification drafts: Review the 3 initial drafts (of BP1.2, BP2.0, RSP 1.0)See: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-brsp/email/archives/201301/msg00013.htmlDrafts are uploaded in our Kavi space (e.g. BP1.2: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-brsp/document.php?document_id=47973 ).
What remains to be done (test assertions XML files, BSP11).
Goal is to have a CSD for approval before our next meeting. We do need to add the conformance clauses (par 2.4)
The conversion of documents worked out pretty well; most of formatting was retained during the process.
BSP1.1 does not have test assertions like the other profiles.https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-brsp/download.php/48463/ReliableSecureProfile-v1.0-WD01.doc

3. Test tools code managementSee the "outsourcing option" outlined in Jacques' email 2/21: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-brsp/201302/msg00002.html
Elements to discuss:- the test tools code may be donated by original contributing companies to a 3rd party project/hosting (e.g. GitHub), independently from OASIS, and licensed accordingly. - BRSP TC is focusing primarily on the specs and their progression, - the TC will make statements about how to test the profiles it produces and "recommend" the appropriate version of the -externally hosted- test tools.
Discussed was:- Everybody should be able to contribute, and we could expect this to happen.- TC won't own the tools; TC owns the profiles.- To donate the tools, original contributing companies need to sign off on actually wanting to do this.- Various types of code: analyzer, logger, http-trace in languages C#, Java, Python, mostly contributed by Microsoft, IBM and Futjitsu- Licensing for contributions need to be determined- We are not asking people to upload code, but permission to upload the already available code- It was suggested to use github and license under Apache v2.0- In previous discussions it was mentioned to not go for Open Source, but just freely available

4. Request from Europe on test toolingSee: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-brsp/201303/msg00008.html- User wanting the source to intergrate in tooling.- Comments on the proposal are very welcome; outline is there; details need to be nailed down

5.  AdjournNext meeting: options to be discussed on the list.