ws-brsp message

Subject: BRSP call next week June 13 noonPT ?

All:

I am considering scheduling our next call next week, June 13 noonPT (usual time).

The last thing we discussed on our drafts was Schemas and references:

(1)    schema for TAs (extracted from general schema for previous profiles)

(2)     schema for “conformance claim attachments” (see 2.5.1, and schema in Appendix B),

We have both schemas ready for review (not posted yet). Note that these schemas will have to retain their ws-I namespaces for backward compatibility and tools compatibility.

A last major question remains:

should we get rid of the ad-hoc conformance claim mechanism and its schema (2.5.1 and Appendix B), given that there is anyway an alternative for claiming conformance using a WS-Policy insert.  (see 2.5.2 on RSP and BPs).

I personally am neutral on this. This schema has no bearing on conformance clauses or any normative standing anyway. That would be one less schema to worry about. But if some of us want to preserve this claiming technique we’d keep it.

Thanks,

-jacques