OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ws-brsp message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DRAFT MINUTES - 16 May 2013 - WS-BRSP TC Meeting

16 May 2013, 12:00pm to 01:00pm PDT

Scribe: Gershon Janssen

0. Call to Order and roll call
Jacques Durand calls the meeting to order and welcomes everyone.

* Roll call:
Jacques Durand 
Gershon Janssen 
Alessio Soldano 
Doug Davis
Tom Rutt
Tom Link (Observer)
Ram Jeyaraman

Regrets from:
Micah Hainline

This meeting quorates.

Additional agenda item: Feedback.

Agenda adopted.

1. Administrative
* Approval of the April 18 meeting minutes
URL: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-brsp/201305/msg00010.html
Minutes approved by unanimous consent.

* Feedback
Received feedback -> entered into JIRA -> https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/WSBRSP-3
Second issue was received on comment list: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-brsp-comment/201305/msg00001.html
TC agreed to create a new issue from the comment send to the TC https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-brsp-comment/201305/msg00001.html
Alessio Soldano notes that the commentor is a colleague of him and he agree with his analysis, there's a bug here.
Action Item: Gershon: to create another issue in JIRA

2. Review of the complete candidates CSD for the 3 profiles (see latest BP1.2, BP2.0, RSP1.0)
* Approving documents as CSD? BSP1.1 review if ready (need conf clauses, references)
The conformance section only clarifies the original intent. If new profiles to be international standards, the old ones remain in force -- we don't want to touch those. We want new standards with new version numbers, but keep in old ones in tact.

Although we have higher version numbers, the specs are not successors of the previous ones; they are different profiles. This might cause confusion.

If totaly backwards compatible we can replace them, but they are not so we cannot do that.

What is the plan? OASIS standard, next PAS submission to JTC 1

3. Test Assertions
* Review of the proposed XML adjunct files (Tom Rutt)
Appendix B needs some work, link is not working. Or maybe leave appendix B out?
Some more investigation on this is required.

Documents not quite ready for approval now.

Action Item: Tom Rutt: investigate the test assertions.

4. Follow-up on the proposal to process the tools separately (donate to an OSS project) yet to retain authority on conformance criteria in the TC
What tools have to be donated, what preferred OSS hosting? Please circulate ideas and concerns on the list for discussion.

5.  Adjourn
In June and July some TC members are away for holidays.
Next meeting: 6, 13 or 20 June/2013

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]