ws-brsp message

Subject: Re: [ws-brsp] Current status, and BSP issue

Hello Jacques,

I would propose to indeed change the "preferred" status of SHA-1.   It is not consistent with current information security guidance, which states (this is from a European agency, the content is consistent with guidelines from agencies in other geographies):

"Hash Functions: For near term use we recommend SHA-256 and for long term use SHA-512."
(Page 34 in http://www.enisa.europa.eu/activities/identity-and-trust/library/deliverables/algorithms-key-sizes-and-parameters-report)