ws-caf-editors message

Subject: Re: [ws-caf-editors] context model

as a reference: http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-resource/ws-modelingresources.pdf;

Greg Pavlik wrote:
ah, that's a good question. When I have more time to think about it, I'll give you my real answer. The short, easy answer that we might get the most mileage out of anyway is the "stateful resource with a lifecycle" as modeled by WS-RF.

Mark Little wrote:
What do you mean by "resource"?

Mark.

===== Original Message From Greg Pavlik <greg.pavlik@oracle.com> =====
Also, note that this takes a stab at the highest level of the stack, so
to speak, in the Context spec; or, perhaps another way to put it: it
describes the full integration of all the components in the spec. One
other thing we don't talk about is the implied relationship between
resources and contexts. Since this has been an underlying theme in many
discussions we've had over the last months, we might want to consider
expanding the text to call this out explicitly in a second pass.

Martin Chapman wrote:

what is the relationship between activity identifier and context? the
text implies a realtionship yet its not on the diagram. also I sugest
that rather having a note saying that activities can be nested, that
there is an self refernceing association on  activity.

Martin.