ws-caf-editors message

Subject: Re: [ws-caf-editors] ALS issue

What? According the schema the enlist-als element looks like:

<xs:element name="enlist-als">
        <xs:complexType>
        <xs:complexContent>
            <xs:extension base="tns:AssertionWithProtocolURIType">
                <xs:sequence>
                    <xs:element name="als" type="xs:anyURI"/>
                </xs:sequence>
            </xs:extension>
        </xs:complexContent>
    </xs:complexType>
    </xs:element>

Note that this is derived from an AssertionWithProtocolURIType:

<xs:complexType name="AssertionWithProtocolURIType">
        <xs:complexContent>
            <xs:extension base="tns:AssertionType">
                <xs:sequence>
                    <xs:element name="protocol-uri" type="xs:anyURI"/>
                </xs:sequence>
            </xs:extension>
        </xs:complexContent>
    </xs:complexType>

We have assumed that the protocol URI represents the protocol type. Are you saying this is wrong? I discussions with other TC members, this appears to be a shared understanding.

The only question we have is how the ALS Registrar knows when the complete set of registrants is enlisted for a protocol structured from multiple ALSs. Our implementation deals with this right now by simple assuming a one-to-one correspondence, but I understand this is a limitation we (I) have introduced.

Greg

Mark Little wrote:
This may be part of the global ALS+protocol-type discussion and apologies if this is what other have been saying, but I've been working under my "mental model" of what's in the spec. without double checking. There's no way for an ALS to register what protocol-type is wants to be associated with.

Mark.

----
Mark Little,
Chief Architect, Transactions,