ws-caf-editors message

Subject: Re: [ws-caf-editors] issues 1-7 in draft doc

I'm not sure about the PortType extensions. Personally I agree with you, but this is the syntax that every other spec. I've looked at seems to employ (WS-C/WS-BA/WS-AT/WS-BPEL). I'd rather stick with what readers expect from the plethora of other specs.

Mark.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 4:03 PM

Just an FYI... this will mean a change to all the wsdls.  Every PortType and Binding that contains Respondent will now be changed to contain ResponseHandler.  So for example wscf:ParticipantRespondantPortType will now be wscf:ParticipantResponseHandlerPortType.
I think this change is pretty trivial and I'm ready to make it immediately.  However I would also like to propose another typographical change: can we drop the "PortType" endings from all the port types?  There shouldn't really be a need for them since they are already distinguished as port types by the wsdl:portType declaration and getting rid of them will allow names to be smaller.  For the corresponding bindings we should also remove the "PortType" (ex. ParticipantRespondantPortTypeSOAPBinding can become ParticipantRespondantSOAPBinding, and not ParticipantResponseHandlertPortTypeSOAPBinding).  We can leave the SOAPBinding portion on as it distinguishes it from other possible bindings that may be used in the future.  These are just cosmetic changes but implementers sure do appreciate generated class names that can fit on a single line ;-)