ws-caf-editors message

Subject: open bugs

As far as I can tell, I am currently the owner of bugs 59 and 91. 59
requires sequence diagrams to be generated, but I believe we need to
hammer out a few of the tough issues before we are ready to do that.

91 asks how the URL is dereferenced for context in a pass-by-reference
scenario. To which I propose the following:

1) modify the context schema to make a distinction between references to
the Context Manager web service and a URL that is directly
dereferencable. Once an addressing scheme is worked out, perhaps this
will fall out naturally, but today, they are both expressed by a URI.

2) if the Context Manager is referenced by a web service reference (or
ws-a endpoint reference), this is a normal web services invocation and
requires no further elaboration. As an implementation matter, it's
important that the runtime know or be able to get at more information
(bindings, for example), but that's not a problem for us per se.

2) if, however, a URL is used, then dereferencing is performed on a per
protocol basis as indicated by the URL itself. For example, a URL with
the protocol prefix http:// would be dereferenced like any other HTTP
URL. Of course, I'll formalize this, but I'd like to just make sure we
are in agreement with this approach and the new point of distinction.

Greg