ws-caf-implement-chair message

Subject: RE: [ws-caf-implement] WS-CAF Implementation Plan

Sounds good Malik! I would support considering one single application
(Preferably Supply Chain Management Application) that can be improved
step by step. Others may have different opinions. I am just curious
about who will be (Will it be Arjuna or Iona or some oneelse) providing
the infrastructure for the demos and application development. You do not
need to answer my questions right away, but we can add them as agenda
items for our discussion. I am assuming that you or someone else will be
proposing an agenda for our discussion. E-mail discussion sounds good to
me. I am also totally aware of the fact that everybody is on holidays.
Happy Holidays!

Cheers!
Krishna Cheemalaamrri

-----Original Message-----
From: malik saheb [mailto:malik.saheb@arjuna.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 11:19 AM
To: krishna@inventicasystems.com;
ws-caf-implement-chair@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: ws-caf-implement@lists.oasis-open.org

The implementation plan will not be available before Christmas.

The goal of this subcommittee is mainly; from different implementation
we could provide an interoperable application as a proof of concept to
promulgate the ws-caf specification, and not to produce a reference
implementation.

Some points to consider for the demo application are:
- Do we consider only one single application that can be improved step
by step (how ws-ctx is used, then ws-cf then ws-txm) or several
applications according to what we want to demonstrate? I guess that the
first case is more appropriate.
Simeon is proposing a demo based on the "Supply Chain Management
application" implemented by the WS-I Sample Apps Group.
- According to the chosen application, we should think about the
possible transactions model (or models) to use.
- From the programming language point of view, no language is obviously
mandated. We have listed Java and C++, any other language is welcome.

Several implementations are expected so I don't think that a CVS access
is appropriate, unless requested!!

I guess that most you will take some holidays (as me) during this
period, therefore it will be difficult to provide a plan for the next
ws-caf con-call meeting (January 5th). May I ask everyone here on his
availability for a con-call meeting, and then ask who could host the
meeting call?

Discussion on the mailing list is now open; it will be fine to make
available our plan by mid-January.

Malik SAHEB