Subject: Re: [ws-caf] minutes of the first teleconference

<1> Jeff (Mischinsky) objected to email ballots and proposals of motions
> by email. Martin agreed.

<2> Eric then asked for clarification of exactly what the new motion
> should be, to which Jeff responded that Kavi should be the only route
> for voting within the TC.
>
> Pete (Wenzel?) seconded the motion.
>
> Eric asked if there was any further discussion or objections. Hearing
> none, the motion was carried.

Seems like something is slightly amiss here, unless my memory is
failing.  I agree with <1> above, but think <2> may not be correct.

If the restated motion is correct as recorded, we would be unable to
vote during meetings, and every little decision would be delayed for
a week.  My opinion is that at the chairs' discretion, a voice vote
during a meeting may be deemed appropriate for some matters, while
the Kavi route could be chosen for decisions that require further
thought or additional participation.  But definitely the intent was
to disallow email voting.

--Pete
Pete Wenzel <pete@seebeyond.com>
Senior Architect, SeeBeyond