Subject: RE: [ws-caf] discussion on approaches for web services/ business transaction

Mark Little
> just in case people have missed this point:
> all protocol messages using the WS-CF interaction pattern
> are AssertionTypes. What this means is that a service can elect
> to receive only AssertionTypes without the lower levels
> of the protocol stack determining their specific meaning
> and impose semantics on them upon receipt.

I understand WS-CF AssertionTypes.

To repeat, my issue is not with either WS-CF or WS-Context, but with the
plethora of *new* business transaction protocols in WS-TXM.

I also understand that the WS-CAF agenda calls for WS-Context and WS-CF
to be discussed first and WS-TXM later, and so will be happy to take
this particular thread back to the BTP list from which it sprang.