Subject: Re: [ws-caf] Patent Issue(s)

Guy, maybe you can explain how you think this patent is relevant to WS-CAF? I'd assume a similar (separate) email would be required to the BTP mailing list - let's try to keep things sectioned appropriately.

Mark.

----
Mark Little,
Chief Architect, Transactions,
Arjuna Technologies Ltd.

www.arjuna.com
----- Original Message -----
From: Guy Pardon
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 2:53 PM
Subject: [ws-caf] Patent Issue(s)

Hi all,

As a TC member it is my duty to report that there exists a US patent (US patent application 09/682,969 -- finally approved about two months ago) concerning composite systems and an additional European application being in process. This patent is probably relevant to the CAF specs (and most likely to BTP as well).

Basically, the patent is an extension of the Composite Systems VLDB paper we (Gustavo Alonso and I) had at VLDB2000.

Best,
Guy

Dr. Guy Pardon ( guy@atomikos.com )
Atomikos: Your Partner for Reliable eBusiness Coordination
http://www.atomikos.com/

The information in this email is confidential and only meant for the addressee(s). The content of this email is informal and will not be legally binding for Atomikos.