Subject: WS-CAF issues list is open

As promised yesterday, we've managed to get the bugzilla server up and
running to maintain the WS-CAF issues. I've populated it with all of the
issues in the published errata and a few that were sent to me since then.
Apologies if there are missing issues that people sent me. I also haven't
added any issues from the face-to-face.

In order to add or examine an issue, you need to go to:
http://services.arjuna.com/wscaf-issues/

First you should create an account for yourself, which will be used to track
issues you submit or update. I would imagine that we'd use this information
to select initial "champions" for issues too. Once you've got an account
(which takes seconds), you can either query the current issues, or submit a
new issue.

Let's suppose you want to query. You can get a summary of all issues via the
"Get summary reports" link. Here you get a coarse grained approach to the
issues, which is basically by specification and "engineer" (bugzilla's term,
not mine) - the person who is in charge of that issue. By clicking on the
issue hyperlinks you can then go to each specific issue and see what it
describes. You then have the ability to add comments. *Don't* close the
issue. For fairly obvious reasons an issue will only be closed when the
committee votes on it, and as issues editor I suppose I'll be the person
closing them.

If you query via the "Query existing bug reports" you get much finer grained
control over what issues you want to see. Ignore the Hardware/OS fields -
this is bugzilla showing its roots. As you'll see, you can search over
entire specifications or just within certain components of those
specifications. The Product/Component separation is as we agreed last year
and is in the minutes, so I won't go over it again.

Now when you want to add an issue you first have to select the Product
(specification). Selecting the right link brings up another page where you
get to select the component. You *must* select a component for your issue.
If you think there is no relevant component, then let me/the group know and
we can always add another one once we've agreed. If you want to change the
Platform/OS field then I'd suggest all/all

You can select the severity of the issue, but if you're not sure we can
always change that later once we're agreed. Leave the "Assigned To" field
blank, then just fill in the Summary and Description fields and that's all
there is to it. When the sendmail issue is fixed, notifications on all new
issues and updates to existing issues will be sent to the group
automatically. All emails will be sent as though coming from me, though as I
said above, each issue internally will have the actual submitter id.

When we get into the process properly, bugzilla allows us to track
dependencies between issues, which you'll see as soon as you enter an issue.

For completeness, I've also attached the current list of issues as they
appear in
bugzilla.

Mark.

----
Mark Little,
Chief Architect, Transactions,
Arjuna Technologies Ltd.

www.arjuna.com
Title: Full Text Bug Listing
Bugzilla Version 2.16.4
Full Text Bug Listing

Bug 1 - SOAP namespace is undefined.
Bug#: 1 Product: General Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema
The SOAP namespace is undefined in the schemas.

Bug 2 - Syntax error in TimeoutOutOfRangeMessage
Bug#: 2 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: major Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL
The current version of the spec. has TimoutOutOfRangeMessage.

Bug 3 - CompletionStatusSetMessage does not exist.
Bug#: 3 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: critical Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL
It's mentioned in the specification text, but not in the WSDL/schema.

Bug 4 - TimeoutOutOfRangeFaultMessage does not exist.
Bug#: 4 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: critical Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema

Bug 5 - Syntax error in CompleteWithStatusMessage
Bug#: 5 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: critical Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL
It currently reads CompleteWithStatustMessage

Bug 6 - Syntax error in ContextRespondantPortTypeSOAPBinding
Bug#: 6 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: critical Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL
It currently says ContextRespondandtPortTypeSOAPBinding

Bug 7 - Respondant or Respondent
Bug#: 7 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL
Should it be Respondant or Respondent?

Bug 8 - generalFault does not exist is ContextRespondantPortTypeSOAPBinding
Bug#: 8 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL

Bug 9 - begun missing from PortType
Bug#: 9 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: critical Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL
begun exists in ActivityServicePortTypeSOAPBinding but not in PortType.

Bug 10 - invalid schema reference
Bug#: 10 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: critical Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL
http://www.webservicestransactions.org/wsc4c/context/ is a left over from a
previous schema format.

It should be wsctx.

Bug 11 - soapAction error
Bug#: 11 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: major Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL
soapAction was the same for the methods completionStatusSet and
completedWithStatus in WS-Context.

Bug 12 - clarify reply-to address in schema (and possibly the text)
Bug#: 12 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema
sender address is misleading – should be reply-to address since the intention
is to allow flexibility in where a response can be sent.

Bug 13 - UserActivityServicePortType the "completionStatus" operation appears twice.
Bug#: 13 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: major Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL

Bug 14 - StatusType is a restriction but is extended in WS-TXM. Is this legal?
Bug#: 14 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema

Bug 15 - CompleteWithStatus has the wrong type
Bug#: 15 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: critical Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema
CompleteWithStatus should send a CompletionStatus not a Status as currently in
the WS-Context schema.

Bug 16 - None of the WS-CAF schemas are WSI BP compliant.
Bug#: 16 Product: General Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema

Bug 17 - wsc4c is referenced in parts of WS-CF schema. Is it elsewhere?
Bug#: 17 Product: General Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema

Bug 18 - Incorrect WSDL import statement.
Bug#: 18 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: major Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL
The WSDL import statement is incorrect. The current import
statement is: <wsdl:import
location="http://www.webservicestransactions.org/schemas/wsctx/2003/03"
namespace="wsctx.xsd"/>

Bug 19 - No "part" attribute.
Bug#: 19 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: critical Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL
Some/all header elements did not have required part attribute.
"part" is a required attribute for soap:header elements in soap bindings.

Bug 20 - Missing portType operations
Bug#: 20 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL
ActivityPortTypeSOAPBinding declares operations that are not in
the corresponding PortType.

Is this not the same as issue 13?

Bug 21 - wrong name in schame
Bug#: 21 Product: WS-CF Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema
asw namespace in WS-CF schema is wrong.

Bug 22 - Missing operations
Bug#: 22 Product: WS-CF Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: critical Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL
WrongStateFaultMessage and ProtocolViolationFaultMessage are missing
from the schema and WSDL.

Bug 23 - NotCoordinated is missing from the schema and WSDL.
Bug#: 23 Product: WS-CF Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: critical Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL

Bug 24 - Syntax error in InvalidParticipantFaultMessage
Bug#: 24 Product: WS-CF Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: critical Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL
InvalidParticipantMessage is misspelled in the WSDL: it should be
InvalidParticipantFaultMessage.

Bug 25 - p.14 "are instance" -> "are instances of"
Bug#: 25 Product: WS-TXM Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Text and diagrams

Bug 26 - p. 37 "in order to participant" -> "in order to participate"
Bug#: 26 Product: WS-TXM Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Text and diagrams

Bug 27 - typo on p.37
Bug#: 27 Product: WS-TXM Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Text and diagrams
p. 37 "managing the domains participation" -> managing the domain's
participation"

Bug 28 - typo on p.39
Bug#: 28 Product: WS-TXM Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Text and diagrams
p. 39 "Unlike traditional transaction systems where recovery is
typically automatic and requires little or no user"

Bug 29 - wrong schema
Bug#: 29 Product: WS-TXM Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: major Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema
Schemas refer to wstxn namespace; this is a carry-over from a previous
naming schema.

Bug 30 - inconsistent naming scheme
Bug#: 30 Product: WS-TXM Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: major Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema
Synchronization operation results in the WS-TXM schema should be
names consistently with the text (which talks about success).

Bug 31 - Inconsistent status types
Bug#: 31 Product: WS-TXM Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: major Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema
Status types in the schema are inconsistent with the documentation. The
documentation is correct.

Bug 32 - Inconsistent status types
Bug#: 32 Product: General Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema
The format of status type values is inconsistent across protocols. In a
previous version of the specification status types were of the form FOO, but
we changed this to a.b.c.FOO. Some of the text/schemas still refer to the
original format.

Bug 33 - Inconsistent naming for fault messages
Bug#: 33 Product: WS-TXM Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema
Fault messages are inconsistently named in the documentation and schema.
Fault is often used in the documentation, but not in the schema.

Bug 34 - Spelling mistake for checkpointingSucceeded
Bug#: 34 Product: WS-TXM Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: major Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL
checkpointingSuccedded should be checkpointingSucceeded in cp
protocol for the BP model.

Bug 35 - Spelling mistake for CheckpointingSucceededMessage
Bug#: 35 Product: WS-TXM Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: major Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL
CheckpointingSucceededfulMessage should be
CheckpointingSucceededMessage cp protocol for the BP model.

Bug 36 - unknownResultOccurred or unknownResult?
Bug#: 36 Product: WS-TXM Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Text and diagrams
unknownResultOccurred in the completion protocol for the BP model
(ClientRespondant) is called unknownResult in the specification.

Bug 37 - confirmed/cancelled or processConfirmed/processCancelled?
Bug#: 37 Product: WS-TXM Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema
confirmed and cancelled in the ClientRespondant for completion protocol
for the BP model are called processConfirmed and processCancelled in the
schema.

Bug 38 - No BP status values in the schema
Bug#: 38 Product: WS-TXM Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: major Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema
Status values for the BP protocol are missing from the schema.

Bug 39 - The import path in the wsdl is incorrect.
Bug#: 39 Product: WS-TXM Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: major Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL

Bug 40 - 2pc wsdl refers to RollbacklMessage, which is a misspelling.
Bug#: 40 Product: WS-TXM Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: WSDL

Bug 41 - no minOccurs in ComplexType
Bug#: 41 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: major Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema
The xs:any element of the Context complex type in wscf.xsd does not have a
minOccurs="0" attribute.  The attribute value is taken as 1 for the default
which means that an instance of wscf:Context or any type derived from it,
must have at least 1 xs:any element in the specified location.  I'm pretty
sure this was not intentional.

Bug 42 - wrong namespace in xs:any
Bug#: 42 Product: WS-Context Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: major Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema
The same xs:any element has a namespace="##any".  I don't believe that is
intentional.  Presumably it should be from ##other namespace.

Bug 43 - location of xs:any elements must be changed
Bug#: 43 Product: General Version: 1.0 Platform: All
OS/Version: All Status: NEW Severity: normal Priority: P2
Resolution:  Assigned To: mark.little@arjuna.com Reported By: mark.little@arjuna.com QA Contact:
Component: Schema
The location of xs:any elements must be changed.  Take for example the
ContextType complex types in the wsctx namespace.  Currently it is declared
as:

<xs:complexType name="ContextType">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="context-identifier" type="xs:anyURI"/>
<xs:element name="activity-service" type="xs:anyURI" minOccurs="0"/>
<xs:element name="type" type="xs:anyURI" minOccurs="0"/>
<xs:element name="activity-list" minOccurs="0">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="service" type="xs:anyURI" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
</xs:sequence>
<xs:attribute name="mustUnderstand" type="xs:boolean" use="optional"
default="false"/>
<xs:attribute name="mustPropagate" type="xs:boolean" use="optional"
default="false"/>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
<xs:element name="child-contexts" minOccurs="0">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="child-context" type="tns:ContextType"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
</xs:sequence>
<xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
<xs:attribute name="timeout" type="xs:int" use="optional"/>
</xs:complexType>

This is well-formed and absolutely valid xml.  However, a problem occurs
when we try to derive a new ContextType from this ContextType... as in wscf:

<xs:complexType name="ContextType">
<xs:complexContent>
<xs:extension base="wsctx:ContextType">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="protocol-reference"
type="tns:ProtocolReferenceType"/>
<xs:element name="coordinator-reference"
type="tns:CoordinatorReferenceType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
<xs:any namespace="##any" processContents="lax" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded" />
</xs:sequence>
</xs:extension>
</xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>
Again... well formed... but is it valid?  Actually the derived type isn't
valid and a schema parser most likely won't pick this up.  An xml validator
on the instance document might realize the problem however.  The problem is
that the last element of the wsctx:ContextType is <xs:any
namespace="##other" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>.  So it means that
the complex type ends with a series of elements from any other namespace but
wsctx.  Well... since wscf is not in the wsctx namespace, how will a
processor know that the protocol-reference element is not part of the
<xs:any> element?  It won't.  Everything will work fine if you move any to
the beginning of the wsctx:ContextType.  We should also move the last any
element in wscf:ContextType to the beginning of the element.  This is a
common restructuring move for schemas that derive types from different
namespaces.  See the wsdl schema for example
(http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/2003-02-11.xsd), almost no xs:any elements
are placed at the end of elements.

This is Bugzilla: the Mozilla bug system. For more information about what Bugzilla is and what it can do, see bugzilla.org.
Actions: New | Query | bug # | Reports | My Votes   Edit prefs, parameters, users, products, attachment statuses, groups, keywords | Sanity check | Log out mark.little@arjuna.com
Preset Queries: My Bugs