Subject: RSD

I have created a little piece of technology that I consider helpful to for standards working groups. The major problem I am trying to solve is that once a topic starts to get discussed, many many emails can be generated in return over several generations of reply/responses making it really hard for most people to follow what is going on. I think it is different from everything I have seen so far, yet deceptively simple. The only thing that comes close is infopath. Not I do not suggest to replace bugzilla with this, but rather complement it.

I call it (Really Simple Discussion or Remotely Syndicated Discussion – RSD). Actually RSD follows the very principle of WS-CAF. We have an activity: the discussion, which representation is stored in a context. A discussion is started by sending to the coordinator a new email with a discussion name which does not exists yet. Further emails sent to the coordinator that refer to that discussion are aggregated into the context. A discussion activity does not have an end.

A detailed description is available at: http://www.ebpml.org/rsd.htm

Examples at: http://www.ebpml.org/rsd/rsd_home.htm

OASIS ebBP Discussion: http://www.ebpml.org/rsd/oasis/rsd.htm   ebBP is running one big discussion list but I prefer when it is broken up.

The style sheet that I wrote to represent the discussion allow you to jump in at any point of the discussion. When you respond to a tagged email all you need to do is surround your text with the following tags:

JJD@

This is my response to your point

@JJD

If you are interested I can run the discussion server or I can pass it on to someone to run it. All is available under GPL.

Hope you like it.

Happy discussions,

JJ-