Subject: RE: [ws-caf] On the synchronous request/response model

Ricardo:

> The specification document states as above that both
> synchronous request/response and asynchronous one-way
> messages are possible. However, the WSDL currently only
> provides the interfaces for the asynchronous model.
> Will we add the WSDL corresponding to the synchronous
> request/response model?

I would prefer that the text pertaining to synchronous interactions is
removed from the spec rather than adding in synchronous operations in
WSDL. The asynchronous aspect was a deliberate design decision to
improve failure situations (i.e. a service can fail and recover without
necessarily impacting any other services).

Jim
--
http://jim.webber.name