Subject: Re: [ws-caf] minutes from 5/10?

Sorry, Eric.  I had sent them to you directly, hoping that you would
have a chance to insert the roll call before posting to the group.
See attached.

--Pete

Thus spoke Newcomer, Eric (Eric.Newcomer@iona.com) on Wed, May 19, 2004 at 09:29:01AM -0400:

--
Pete Wenzel <pete@seebeyond.com>
Senior Architect, SeeBeyond

--Pete
Date:  Monday, 10 May 2004
9am PST, 12 EST, 17:00 GMT

1. Agenda review

2. roll call/ member changes

[to be inserted by chair]

3. assign Scribe

These minutes taken by Pete Wenzel (SeeBeyond).

4. Actions

Review of Action Items from F2F:
(all pending)

- Martin, change schema to allow signing headers.
- Martin, Re Issue 99, determine best practice.
- Greg, confirm that correct WSDL is posted. (Check with Simeon.)
- Greg to post implementation subgroup slides from F2F.
- Eric to find venue for demonstration.
  Joe: deadline for XML 2004 closed Friday; will introduce Eric to those
    in charge to see if something can be worked out.
- Chairs to determined fixed location on OASIS site for namespace.

5. Minutes
. ratify f2f minutes

Motion to approve by Mark, seconded by Greg.
No objections; minutes are approved.

6. Review f2f decisions

61 editorial issue resolutions were included in an editor's draft
of WS-CTX.  The draft was approved as the new baseline from which
to continue work.

Mark has updated status of the relevant issues to "resolved" in bugzilla.

Several issues were resolved during the meeting; see F2F minutes for
details: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-caf/200405/msg00000.html

Issue 123.
Peter: This relates to the protocol.  The higher-level specification,
  not each implementation, should dictate whether to pass contect by value
  or by reference.
Doug: Agree, a dependent spec could make this decision; the text is
  intended to allow this or deferring to a deployment.
Peter: If not specified elsewhere, the product or user of its API
  would choose.

ACTION: Editors to incorporate this clarification, as appropriate:
  "A referencing spec or implementation of the context service decides..."
  or "This specification does not determine whether a reference or value
  of the context....  This is left to the referencing specification,
  implementation, or user (API)."

Issues from Bob:
Peter is satisfied with changes that were decided upon; curious to see
what the actual changes in text look like without ALS.

7. Addressing proposal from greg

Greg just forwarded the proposal to use WS-MD.
See http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-caf/200405/msg00035.html

Greg: Believe that all original WS-CAF authors were submitters of WS-MD.
  We need an interoperable mechanism for addressing & referencing.
  Possible use is for pass-by-reference in context header for pointer
  to Context Management Service.
Eric: Since this was sent late, continue discussion on mailing list.
  Editors may incorporate Greg's proposal into a draft for the next
  review round.
Peter: Haven't examined it in detail, but looks like a good solution.
  Others are trying to solve this also, specifically BPEL.
Jeff: It could also be used by WS-Reliability.

8. Change of meetings time

Eric: A change was proposed by Martin, due to conflicts with WS-N & WS-RF.
  Seems to impact fewer people, especially Europeans, if we move it 90
  minutes earlier.  We can change the duration to 60 minutes and still
  cover the necessary business.
Consensus reached.  We will start at 8:00 Pacific, 11:00 Eastern,
  4:00pm UK, 5:00pm CET, starting on May 24th.

ACTION: Chairs to change meeting start time and duration in calendar system.

10. AOB

No other business.  Meeting adjourned.

--- End Message ---