Subject: RE: [ws-caf] Multiple contexts

Guy:

I'll try to answer your points.

> What happens if there are both security and transaction
> contexts for the same activity (if this is possible at all)?
> Will they appear as two different context headers or will
> they be nested within each other?

Application choice. You know the context can have arbitrary content
through extensibility.  However I think in the general case transaction
and security contexts are different and would therefore be separate
headers.

> The clarification text defines an activity as operations
> being executed within a valid context (or something similar)
> (fine). A context can only belong to one activity (fine).
> But if there can be multiple contexts for one particular
> activity, which context is the one that actually _defines_
> the activity (and, consequently, its outcome)?

I'm afraid I don't understand this. In my mind activity scope matches
context scope and nesting of contexts, and thus activities, it
permitted.

> The text also states that if a context is used to represent
> an activity, its context ID must be the activity ID.
> This seems to suggest that an activity can exist without a
> context, which contradicts the activity definition from Point 2 ?

I don't think it suggests that, but it leaves the door open for that
misinterpretation. I'd suggest the editors tighten up that bit of text.

Jim
--
http://jim.webber.name