Subject: RE: [ws-caf] Coordination Contexts

Just to clarify what I understood Alastair's original point was, since
it's got rather buried in metaphor.

WS-CF needs to pass information allowing the building of its
registration trees.
This will be carried in a SOAP header.
There is no need for WS-CF to take a dependency on WS-Context, since
WS-CF will define most of the
contents and various facilities to use the information in this header.

If it turns out that large chunks of what WS-CF needs are in fact
already in WS-Context, then it is
indeed reasonable to use it. But there is no need to start with that
assumption. We should see if
we end up back there. Whether WS-CF finds WS-Context useful is not an
necessary answer to the
question of whether WS-Context is useful.

(one might note, that if WS-CF undergoes as radical a change as
WS-Context in dropping ALS, it is by no means
impossible that it would no longer need the dependency.)

Peter

-dais-mappings
-ggf11/en/1

> >        And Savas is a member of this TC (though I don't think he's
> > ever
attended any of the teleconferences ;-)