Subject: Re: [ws-caf] Re: activities (was RE: [ws-caf] Mt Everest and WS-CF)

I don't know. You take a weekend off and come back to a plethora of emails
stuffed into my mailbox. Next time I'll read email during the vacation!

> I must admit that I don't understand entirely what is at issue here.
> With respect to this thread, the specification seems rather clear.

I haven't caught up on all emails, so maybe I'm off-base here, but I also
don't see how the current specification is confusing on this issue.

> I'm less clear on the questions: What is a "Base-context"? Is that a
> context with only the required elements?
>
> There's a type uri which automatically discriminates to some understood
> semantic. WS-Context does not provide a default uri, at least not that I
> am aware of.  The activity concept is explicitly abstract in the spec.
> So I presume that Peter is correct in that the uri that is used must at
> least explained to have meaning somewhere.

I haven't caught up on the emails so may be off base here, but maybe Peter's
point is that the base context ID cannot be interpreted alone unless in a
very restrictive environment. If there are multiple ways in which a basic
context ID can be used (not just "correlation") then receiving such a
context ID by itself doesn't help: you need to type ID too. Or is that a
different argument?

Mark.

----
Mark Little,