Subject: RE: [ws-caf] Agenda for Monday's call

Title: Message

Apologies - I shall be en route to the ws-bpel meeting during the CAF call.

I wonder if there should be any discussion of the demo app.  The latest version from Simeon and Malik has fixed some things, but there are still some general points, which are really the concern of the group as a whole, since the demo app will inevitably be an examplar of ws-context use.

a) the demo app should use (or have version that uses or be able to use) pass by reference.

b) the extension of the context with the shopping cart element is not stated in schema - the element is defined, but its presence in the context as the actual form of the xsd:any extension is only stated in text. This seems odd to me - from general principles (rather than xml common practice), I'd expect the context used in the shopping cart app to be formally derived from base ws-context.

c) the shopping cart app definitely seems to be one that requires a type URI, whatever the general conclusion on that question

On the value/reference question, I see this as a test case for the equivalence of value and reference. I'll split that out as separate message.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Newcomer, Eric [mailto:Eric.Newcomer@iona.com]
Sent: 18 June 2004 16:34
To: ws-caf@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ws-caf] Agenda for Monday's call

Please note new call time.

The main agenda items are reviewing the new WS-Context specification draft and discussing preparations for the July face to face.

Talk with you Monday!

Thanks,

Eric

---------------------

Date: Monday, 21 June 2004
Time: 08:00am - 09:00 am Pacific Time

The dial in details are as follows:

1 877-302-8255
+1 303-928-2609
ID: 7930146

Agenda:
1. Agenda review

2. roll call/ member changes

3. assign Scribe

4. Actions (review any outstanding action items)

5. Minutes (approve any outstanding minutes)

6. Review WS-Context draft posted June 17

7. Discuss logistics/agende for July F2F

8. AOB

Eric Newcomer
Chief Technology Officer
eric.newcomer@iona.com