Subject: RE: [ws-caf] Questions about section 3

Regarding never getting a response: I agree with what you say and we
should probably do nothing to address this problem. One can argue that
is a quality of service issue that could be addressed with some policy
statement.

Regarding an unsolicited response message: This is really a choreography
issue. In many specs having simple choreography needs this is handled in
WSDL by including both input and output elements in an operation. I
haven't looked at BPEL recently, but it seems like that might be another
spec that uses a set of one-way messages. I don't know how it handles
the receipt of a message that is supposed to be from the middle of a
sequence of messages. There are also entire specs to handle the
choreography of messages.

Since many of the message for WS-Context are request-response, my
preference is to list this subset in WSDL with both input and output
elements to show how the messages are related and rely on the binding to
indicate whether they are to be sent synchronous or asynchronous.
Unfortunately WSDL 1.1 does not provide a binding to indicate an
asynchronous request-response. If I remember right, WS-MessageDelivery
defines a mechanism to create an asynchronous binding. Perhaps this is a
consideration.

Bryan