Subject: ContextService.begin - text v schema

Title: Message
According to the text of 0.3, begin has an optional context parameter and a timeout parameter. It hints that there is some knowledge of the required type.

In the accompanying scheme, begin is

 <xs:element name="begin">
  <xs:complexType>
   <xs:complexContent>
    <xs:extension base="tns:AssertionWithProtocolURIType">
     <xs:sequence>
      <xs:element name="timeout" type="xs:int"/>
     </xs:sequence>
    </xs:extension>
   </xs:complexContent>
  </xs:complexType>
 </xs:element>
1. There is no context element in the schema version

2.  Since there is a semantic default for timeout (= 0), it would seem
reasonable to have a syntactic one too.

3. What's with this Assertion thing ?  I can find no reference to it in the 0.3 text, though there is a lot of it in the schema. It was in earlier drafts with some content, but that has all been removed. Does begin (or anything) gain from being derived from AssertionWithProtocolURIType ? (I think we already have agreed on the need to align the terms/definitions of context type, protocol uri etc, though I can't find the mail reference)

4. the section on begin needs some editting - separating out the error paths from the normal, clarifying which activity is referred to in the last sentence of the first paragraph,

Peter

Peter Furniss
Chief Scientist, Choreology Ltd
web: http://www.choreology.com