Subject: RE: [ws-caf] RE: WS-Context potential bug - no explicit conformance statements

Title: Message
Tony,

Thanks very much for your input.  As I said, however, this issue was debated and resolved by the TC.  I understand your perspective on it, and greatly appreciate the work you've put in.  However, at this point in the process, when we are very close to CD, we need to be very careful about opening issues and making broad changes.  I am happy, as I'm sure the TC is, to consider any issue anyone wants to propose, but it is also true that as a group we sometimes need to move on when decisions have been made, and look at new issues.

I agree with you that conformance statements are an important aspect of specifications, however specifications can and do get published and adopted without them.

In the case of WS-CAF, I believe that the TC is correct in agreeing to postpone this question and deal with it comprehensively in the context of the other specifications.  I am very sure that your suggestions and your input will be greatly helpful at that time.

Thanks again,

Eric
-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Fletcher [mailto:tony_fletcher@btopenworld.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 5:18 PM
To: Newcomer, Eric; ws-caf@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: martin.chapman@oracle.com

Dear Eric,

No problem.

However, to be clear.  If the proposal is to defer approval of WS-Context then I would be content for the conformance issue to be deferred as well.  However, I understood that the plan was to try to move WS-Context towards CD status at the next WS-CAF teleconference.  I do think that this conformance issue needs to be addressed before we approve WS-Context as a CD.

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher

Cohesions  (TM)

Business transaction management software for application coordination       www.choreology.com

Choreology Ltd., 68 Lombard Street, London EC3V 9LJ     UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1473 729537   Fax: +44 (0) 870 7390077  Mobile: +44 (0) 7801 948219
tony.fletcher@choreology.com     (Home: amfletcher@iee.org)