Subject: Re: [ws-caf] security considerations

Doug,
I don't quite see how this addition will be a violation of the Unique
Particle Attribution constraint.  Adding the wsu:id attribute to the
ContextType in wsctx.xsd can be done as follows:
<xs:complexType name="ContextType">
        <xs:sequence>
            <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
            <xs:element name="context-identifier" type="xs:anyURI"/>
            <xs:element name="context-service" type="ref:ServiceRefType"
minOccurs="0"/>
            <xs:element name="type" type="xs:anyURI" minOccurs="1"/>
            <xs:element name="context-manager" type="ref:ServiceRefType"
minOccurs="0"/>
            <xs:element name="parent-context" type="tns:ContextType"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
        </xs:sequence>
        <xs:attribute name="timeout" type="xs:int" use="optional"/>
          <xs:attribute ref="wsu:id"/>
    </xs:complexType>
I am assuming here that wsu:id is a global attribute in the wsu
namespace (and of course wsu.xsd has been imported).  If it isn't global
then a new attribute will have to be added as such:
       <xs:attribute name="id" type="wsu:IDType" use="optional"/>
(assuming that wsu:IDType is a simple type defined in the wsu namespace).

A violation of the Unique Particle Attribution constraint could happen
if we had an anyAttribute declaration in the ContextType... but we don't
(it won't clash with the any element declaration).  In any case , the
schema spec says that this constraint is non-normative.

Regards,
Sim