Subject: logistics for Dublin F2F

Hi,

Please reply by next Wednesday, Sept. 29 if you plan to attend the Dublin F2F at the IONA Building in Dublin, Ireland so we can get a count for breakfast and lunch.

Here's some information about local hotels etc.  The first three are the ones that we usually use, although I should note that we do negotiate an annual favorable rate.  The Town House is probably the best value.  Bewley's is another reasonable hotel near the office with good value.  (I didn't list the Four Seasons, but that's in the neighborhood too if anyone is looking for a high end place).  The Herbert Park and Berkeley Court are both very good business hotels.  The Schoolhouse is a bit more of an upscale tourist place, but with character and a good pub/restaurant.

Berkely Court
Nice business hotel, about a block from IONA, where we usually stay

Herbert Park
http://www.irelandhotels.com/PremisesPages/Herbert_Park_Hotel_BALLSBRIDGE_DUBLIN_4_ireland.htm
A good quality business hotel, about three blocks from IONA, we used to stay there

Butler's Town House:
A nice BnB about a block from IONA, we often stay here

Schoolhouse:
http://www.dublin-hotels.net/schoolhouse-hotel/
A nice hotel with a restaurant and pub, about 6 blocks from IONA

Bewley's Hotel
http://www.irelandhotels.com/PremisesPages/Bewleys_Hotel_Ballsbridge_MERRION_ROAD_BALLSBRIDGE_DUBLIN_4_ireland.htm
More of a family hotel perhaps, but within 4 blocks from IONA

Jury's
http://www.irelandhotels.com/PremisesPages/Jurys_Ballsbridge_Hotel_PEMBROKE_ROAD_BALLSBRIDGE_DUBLIN_4_ireland.htm
Very nice hotel, about two blocks from IONA, probably a bit on the expensive side

Once again, here are the directions to the IONA Building:

http://www.iona.com/info/services/ps/directions/dublin.htm

Getting the any of the hotels on this list is very easy.  You can take a taxi (about 30-40 Euros, depending on traffic) or take the Aircoach, which is 6 Euros:

http://www.dublin-airport.com/AR_Dublin/Live/Lv_pres_GenTemplate.asp?strPage_Name=DN_Ground_Bus

The aircoach stops right outside Jury's Hotel, which is within easy walking distance of the hotels on this list.  If you decide to stay at Bewley's, stay on the Aircoach a bit longer (one or two stops, I can't remember which).

If you need to contact me, call my cell (781 492 2003) - it works fine in Europe.  Also you can call Margaret O'Keefe at the IONA office (+353 1 637 2687) if you need any assistance at all with logistics for this meeting.

See you there!

Eric

ps A night out at the pubs is of course a requirement for any Dublin meeting - now non-smoking!