Subject: RE: [ws-caf] high level description for CF goals/model

Dear Greg,

I have just noticed your request to me at the bottom of this email.  I am
not sure which of Alastair's remarks you are refereeing to.  If they where
ones I mentioned at the F2F please remind me of context / subject matter or
give me some other clue.

Alastair did make three points during the 11 Oct 04 teleconference that are
(I think) well recorded by Eric in the notes for that meeting.  I quote:

"Alistair: comments - a group of members is an instance of an activity, but
not necessarily vice versa.  Three comments:

.	The notion of recovering the relationships of a group is a generic
need, and some level of recovery should be added at the group level - this
is general
.	Specific ideas - such a thing as a distinguished coordinator may not
be always necessary, perhaps groups can have peer to peer coordination
instead. You may not know in advance that a coordinator is needed,
determining who is the coordinator may not have to be known during the
creation of the group. May be better to identify the membership in the group
first, and then later decide that they need a coordinator
.	Second specific idea - in certain coordination protocols, the ending
doesn't arise at the explicit end but rather the end is a deduction based on
the results of the activities being coordinated. If you have the notion that
"end must come" as a result of a context activity, you may end up with an
additional message. I'm not sure therefore that the layering on context will
serve us well when it comes to transaction protocols."

This is an expansion on my personal notes for that meeting.  Is this what
you were referring to??  If not then please give me a clue and a prod.

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher

Cohesions  (TM)

Business transaction management software for application coordination
www.choreology.com

Choreology Ltd., 68 Lombard Street, London EC3V 9LJ     UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1473 729537   Mobile: +44 (0) 7801 948219
tony.fletcher@choreology.com     (Home: amfletcher@iee.org)