Subject: RE: [ws-caf] Presentation to GGF TM-RG on WS-CAF

Title: Message

Hi all

Following Tony’s request, I have attached a copy of my slides. Note that some slides already exist in Mark’s presentation made at the Boston meeting. Sections on WS-CF and WS-TXM are still based on the initial versions.

Comments are obviously welcome.

Regards,

Malik

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Fletcher [mailto:tony_fletcher@btopenworld.com]
Sent: 30 November 2004 14:59
To: ws-caf@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ws-caf] Presentation to GGF TM-RG on WS-CAF

Dear Colleagues,

On 29 November 2004, Malik gave a very helpful and informative overview of the WS-CAF family of specifications to the Global Grid Forum Transaction Research Group (GGF TM-RG).  I would like to suggest that he circulates the slides he used on the CAF mailing list for information.  I feel the slides are helpful in understanding the concepts behind CAF as they stand at the moment, and how they all fit together.  I think we should update these slides as we evolve the CAF family and then make them available for others to use as the present on CAF and also use them as input to the primer.

More particularly I suggest that a diagram of the architecture something like that shown on slide 24 (or the evolution thereof to reflect changes to the specifications as we go forwards) is added to the appropriate part of the CF specification.

Looking at that architecture diagram it also strikes me that in CF we may wish to describe the use of protocols layered on top that are mutually exclusive (that is can not be used with the identical participants at the same time, such as ACID and LRA) and those that can be used in combination (such as security and ACID).

Best Regards     Tony

A M Fletcher

Tel: +44 (0) 1473 729537   Mobile: +44 (0) 7801 948219

WS-CAF_GGF-TM.pdf