Subject: F2F query

It looks like the F2F last week was very productive, sorry I missed out on all the fun :-).  I do have a query/suggestion regarding the fault model however. ;-)

I apologise if this has already been covered.

The minutes from 27th April describe a fault model that is being used in place of the fault operations and messages, including the binding for SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2.  The binding for SOAP 1.1 does not include the detail element but this decision is only necessary for faults that are generated by the header processing.  The majority of faults described in the specifications appear to be applicable to the processing of the message body and thus do not require this restriction.

I would like to see the following changes made to the SOAP 1.1 binding
 - the detail element used for every fault that is generated as a consequence of processing the main body.
 - a header element defined to contain the contents of the detail element for those faults generated by header processing.

It seems a shame to go to the trouble of defining the detail, including the schema, if it is not returned in the SOAP 1.1 binding.

In addition I think it would be helpful if we were to include a section in the specifications that covered which faults could be raised by the processing of the headers and which by the processing of the body.

Apologies again if this has already been discussed.

	Kev

--
Kevin Conner
Arjuna Technologies Ltd.