Subject: Emailing: minutes 09052005

Any comments?

Mark.

Roll call

Mark Little
Kevin Conner
Tony Fletcher
Martin Chapman
Eric Newcomer
Simeon Green
Jeff Mischinsky
Doug Bunting
Peter Furniss

John Fuller (Observer)

AI for Mark to send minutes discrepencies to the group.

Martin: not call for vote to approve minutes because there may be
some updates required.

All major action items from the New Orleans f2f seem to have been done?

Mark agreed.

Martin gave review of the f2f. See minutes:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-caf/email/archives/200504/msg00074.html

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-caf/email/archives/200504/msg00075.html

When the discussion came round to the fault model, Doug asked Martin if it was still related
to Base Faults. Martin said it wasn't.

Next f2f is 30th June, 1st July. Probably Santa Clara Sun office. Oracle will host the next one
in September in NJ.

Martin explained that OASIS has new TC process in effect immediately. Martin asked everyone to go
and read the new process as there are a lot of changes. The effect on this TC is the terminology.
So Working Draft (our term for something approved by the group); OASIS adopted something like this but
it's not called a Committee Draft. A committee can only adopt a CD with more than 50% of the full
voting membership - not just a quorate meeting. So we could not do that at the f2f.

Mark makes the motion to adopt the current draft of WS-Context (27th April 2005)
as the new Committee Draft.

Kevin seconds.

No discussion. No objectsions. Motion carried. Can now be labelled as CD.

Mark makes the motion to adopt the current draft of WS-CF (27th April 2005)
as the new Committee Draft.

Tony seconds.

No discussion. No objectsions. Motion carried. Can now be labelled as CD.

Tony asked what the new term is for what we used to call a CD. Martin said it is now
a Committee Specification (need 67% TC vote, probably conducted by OASIS itself).
If we then want to progress that to a standard, what was called
an OASIS specification is now called an OASIS standard.

Martin asked for a report from the implementation subgroup. Kevin said that he hadn't had
anything back from IONA or Oracle.

Eric asked Kevin what deadlines there were. Kevin said that there were no hard deadlines, but
the New Orleans f2f had been something to try for, but hadn't happened. Eric and Kevin agreed
that the next f2f at JavaOne might be a good one to try for. Kevin pointed out that the WS-Context
interoperability is actually to update the interop. demo to use the changes to WS-Context that
have happened since the last interoperability demo at XML 2004 in November.

Martin then asked if there was anything anyone wanted to ask about issues. Kevin asked if anyone
had looked at the fault related email he sent. Kevin outlines his email (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-caf/email/archives/200505/msg00011.html)

Martin suggested that we need to get feedback from Greg and then Kevin and Greg can get together
and see if it can be resolved.

Martin asked for this to be added as an issue.

Martin AOB?

Tony asked for clarification about WSDL/Schema. Were they adopted by the current resolutions?

Mark said that they are all in the zip files that were put on the Web site.

Peter asked if there was any text in the specifications that explicitly referred to the
WSDL/Schema that was required by the specification. Martin said that currently the TC agreed
that the text is needed, but it's implied because the WSDL/Schema is part of a "release bundle".