Subject: Re: [ws-caf] my AI from yesterday's telecon

Mark Little wrote:
> Tony notes that In Context schema, element assertion doesn't seem to be
> used. Greg Pavlik makes motion to remove assertion element. Tony

There is an assertion element which does not appear to be used in either context or cf.  The AssertionType is used.

> This is definitely wrong if it's talking about Assertion as the base
> element for all messages. Wasn't it actually about StatusElementType?
> Fletcher seconds. AI for Kevin to remove.

StatusEnumerationType is the enumerated values corresponding to the StatusType (a QName).  The reason for having these separate is that there is no easy way in XSD to extend an enumerated value, it is either by convention, by element subsititution or by introducing schema instance information to indicate another type.  There should have been a placeholder for this in cf as well but I have just noticed that it is called StatusType and not StatusEnumerationType. :-(

Mark mentioned that the status values were going to be moved out of context into the referencing specs.  If this is the case then the actions are probably
 - remove assertion element
 - remove StatusEnumerationType from context
 - remove StatusType (incorrectly named in any case) from cf.

I think these actions are all for me :-)

	Kev

--
Kevin Conner
Arjuna Technologies Ltd.